Sunday, April 27, 2008

Title: Dreams

I've been thinking recently about why we spend the time queueing up to buy the Toto lottery even though the chances of winning are so slim. I think it all goes back to the a very human thing -- we have dreams. And for the price of a dollar or two, we get to dream big dreams, well, at least, until the results come out.

This piece represents the fragility of those dreams.

I wanted to create a more layered look, so I took a used toto lottery ticket, pasted it on a scrap from a flyer (card stock). I then painted a base using mostly green (because the colour is associated with money) with a bit blue and purple for texture. I then added small-sized lettering which formed the next "layer". The last "layer" is made up of large lettering accented by painting glitter (old nail polish) onto it.

2 comments:

C Perry said...

This is really lovely. I'm inspired to just use what I have to create!

osyen said...

I'm so excited someone actually got inspired by my work :) thanks!